NATIONAL VULVODYNIA ASSOCIATION
PO Box 4491
Silver Spring, MD 20914-4491
The Patty Brisben Foundation takes care to follow the progress of all ongoing research we’ve helped fund. For questions about our role in this study, or any other research, please contact us and we’ll do what we can to assist you.
Organizing Treatment Plans and Online Tutorials for Women Suffering from Vulvovaginal Pain
The Patty Brisben Foundation has funded a national vulvodynia “outcomes treatment registry,” a research study focused on finding the best course of treatment for patients suffering from vulvovaginal pain.
We’ve also supported an online tutorial for women with vulvodynia. The online tutorial has brought awareness to the under-researched and typically little-discussed topic of vaginal pain disorders.
- Teaches women about their anatomy and physiology, vulvodynia, chronic pain and sexual health
- Helps women overcome feelings of isolation and embarrassment about having vulvodynia
- Encourages women to speak openly about their condition with their medical providers, family members, and friends
- Provides coping strategies for the challenges presented by living with vulvodynia
- Encourages affected women to maintain healthy intimate and family relationships
- Emphasizes the importance of seeking appropriate medical care
- Empowers affected women to advocate for themselves and others suffering from vulvodynia
The Patty Brisben Foundation’s partnership with the National Vulvodynia Association has also introduced an online educational program to healthcare providers. The goal is to share knowledge about vulvodynia, its causes, and possible treatment options.